The Data Path is the most important path Lacerte interacts with. The program utilizes the information found in the path to calculate/print returns.
The default Data Path is X:Lacerte??Tax#Data
- X: is the drive letter that the user has specified the data to be
- ?? is the year of the program.
- The # is the module letter that data is set to.
For example, "I" would indicate "Individual" data, where "C" would imply "Corporate".
Complete listing of Lacerte modules:
- I = Individual 1040
- P = Partnership 1065
- C = Corporate 1120
- S = S-corporation 1120S
- F = Fiduciary/Trust 1041
- R = Exempt Org 990
- B = Benefit Plan 5500
- T = Estate 706
- N = Gift 709
Inside the Data Path you will see a list of *.DBF Files. These files that contain information such as Client Information (Screen 1) and Subclient Information.
Note: Subclients are Dependents (Individual), Partners (Partnership), Officers (Corporate, Exempt Organization), Shareholders (S-Corporate), Beneficiaries (Fiduciary, Estate), Donees (Gift), and Participants (Benefit Plan).
- NOTES: contains the clients notes information from the client Detail (Screen 47) and other miscellaneous things. There will be several files with different extensions for each client.
- BAD: stores Defective Bridge and Detail Files.
- DCDATA: contains custom templates for the Data Conductor.
- EF: contains E-File transmission and acknowledgement files.
- ESignature: contains files related to ESignature.
- EXPORT: default location for Export files.
- Link: contains files related to Intuit Link.
- RefundsN: contains information used by Refunds Now for Rapid Anticipation Loans
- TaxImport: contains files related to Scan and Submit, and Financial Institution Download
- TBData: contains Trial Balance Data for all clients combined into a set of database files.
- URN: contains information regarding users in the program.