Follow these steps to generate Form 990-PF, Part XV:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Expenses.
- Click on Grants & Allocs. (990-EZ/990-PF).
- Complete the donee/recipient information:
- street address
- state (if not foreign address)
- ZIP code (if not foreign address)
- Region, Postal code, and Country (if foreign)
- Select the appropriate Grant type (Click on arrow to select from list).
- Enter the Cash amount given, or complete the Noncash subsection.
- Scroll down to the Form 990-PF, Part XV subsection.
- Select the Foundation status of recipient from the list (required).
- Enter the Purpose of grant or contribution (required).
- Click the plus sign (+) near the top of the screen to add another donee/recipient, and repeat steps 4-8.
Tip: Click the hamburger button (☰) beside the tabs at the top of your input screen to switch to Quick Entry for faster input of basic information. Click the Details button from the Quick Entry grid to return to the detail view of any donee/recipient.
If Part XV still isn't generating:
- Verify that the foundation had assets of $5,000 or more at any time during the year. Per the Instructions for Form 990-PF, Part XV will only be completed if the foundation had $5,000 or more of assets.
- Make sure that you didn't override the gifts/grants total. Go to the Expenses > Operating & Admin (990-PF) screen and scroll to the bottom. Remove any amounts in the Cont, gifts, grants paid (see Grants and Allocations (990-EZ/990-PF) screen) [Override] field.
- Verify that for each donee/recipient entered, the Grant type has been selected with corresponding entries in Cash amount given or the Noncash fields.