When logging into the ProSeries or Lacerte sign in screen the following message appears stating, "Oops, Something Went Wrong." or "Hmmm, That Didn't Work." This error can occur if the Internet Explorer security settings are set too high or Intuit is not included as a trusted site. This can also occur when you are logged into another computer with the same credentials.
How to add Trusted sites for Intuit Products:
- Close your Lacerte or ProSeries software.
- Open Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click Security tab.
- Click on the Trusted Sites.
- If you are on a network please add to Local Intranet Sites instead of Trusted Sites.
- Click on the Sites button.
- Add/Verify HTTPS://*.intuit.com is added to the list of Trusted Sites.
- If needed, add by using the Add this website to the zone:
- Click Close.
- Change the "Security Level for this zone" Section to low.
- Click Apply and then Ok.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Reopen your tax software.
- Attempt to login.
- If issues persists, reset Internet Explorer.