The Intuit Lacerte Tax software you will install for early access to tax year 2021 is fully functional. Over the next month, you may still update your software as you normally would when updates are released without affecting your participation in the early access program.
- Lacerte WITHOUT Intuit’s cloud hosting service: Oct. 1
- Lacerte WITH Intuit’s cloud hosting service: Oct. 11
Here are a few things that you can do to help us assess the performance of Lacerte’s Individual and Partnership modules during the program:
- Install Lacerte for tax year 2021. (See instructions below.)
- Create pro forma returns for your clients. (See the Proforma Wizard section below.)
- Perform some basic operations with your client files.
- Perform other tax preparation activities.
If you need help, you can find articles on using Lacerte in the Community.
A note on early-access pro forma
Due to the nature of the changes to the Individual and Partnership entities, it is likely that the steps listed and described in the Proforma Wizard section will need to be completed again with subsequent software updates. The Proforma operation is dependent on both tax law changes and programming those changes into Lacerte. If there is a change in either or both that should necessitate the Proforma steps being repeated, then you will receive a notification about it.
- You should have valid My Account sign-in credentials.
- Your Lacerte license should be renewed for tax year 2021.
- Make sure you meet the current system requirements.
Installation instructions (Skip if you use Hosting for Lacerte.)
- Download Lacerte for tax year 2021 software installer.
- Run the “websetup21.exe” file.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Press Next on the Welcome screen.
- Read the end-user license agreement and press Accept.
- Select the option “sign in to My Account and download PREP file” and press Next. If you have Lacerte for tax year 2020 installed on your computer, you will not get this window.
- Enter your My Account credentials and press Sign In.
Select the firm you wish to use if your account is linked to multiple account numbers.
- Choose the recommended or the custom installation based on your requirements.
- Review your installation path, modules, etc. before proceeding with the installation process.
12. Launch Lacerte for tax year 2021.
13. Sign in with your My Account credentials
14. If you encounter an issue with installation or launching the software. please reach out to LacerteFeedback@intuit.com.
Why don't I see the “PREP.21” file in My Account?
The PREP file for tax year 2021 (PREP.21) will not be available for download in My Account until Nov. 4 even though your license may have been renewed for that tax year. The early-access installer will manage to get it on the back end for installation.
Why am I seeing the My Account sign-in during the installation?
You will be asked to sign in to My Account during the installation to check for a valid license. If you haven’t renewed, please call customer support to renew your license and continue the installation.
Early access for Hosting for Lacerte customers
- Enter your hosted environment.
- Launch Lacerte for tax year 2021.
- If you have difficulty locating or launching your software, please reach out to LacerteFeedback@intuit.com.
- Open Lacerte for tax year 2020.
- From the Tools menu, choose Transfer Clients (Proforma to 2021).
- When the Proforma Wizard starts, press Next.
- Choose Transfer all my clients for all my modules at once and press Next.
- Lacerte will show you a “Module Initialize” screen while it prepares the data.
- Select Typical (Recommended) if you use the Lacerte default locations and press Next.
- Review your setting and press Transfer Now.
- If a “Diagnostics Results” window appears, it means that a client may have an uncleared critical diagnostic, such as when a taxpayer has passed away. We recommend printing such instances for later review.
- Press Finish.
- Open Lacerte for tax year 2021. The transfer will have been automatically completed. If Lacerte for tax year 2021 was already open, then Refresh your software from the Client menu.
If you need assistance, please visit Proforma Wizard Help.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Solved! Go to Solution.