The deadline for payments and Forms 1040,1040NR, 990, 1041, and 1120 is July 15, 2020. To extend returns until October 15, extensions must be filed by Midnight in your time zone. If you have already filed an extension form, no additional action is needed.
For tax year 2019, not all states extended the filing deadline to July. The information below references the original April Deadline. You may need to check if your state taxing agency has extended its deadline by checking here.
Check out these Lacerte help articles and resources to help prepare you for the July 15th filing deadline!
Top help articles
- Do you need more time to file? See Electronic filing deadlines and perfection periods for individual returns and extensions (1040, 1040...
- Need help filing an extension? See Common questions about requesting extensions in Lacerte
- Taxpayer unable to pay tax bill? See Generating Form 9465 Installment Agreement Request
- Need a signature while working remotely? See eSignature Resources
- Need to update Lacerte? See Downloading and Installing Lacerte Program Updates
- Need help calculating late filing interest and late filing penalties? See How to enter federal and state interest rates
- Need help enter information from a K-1? See Entering a Schedule K-1 on a federal return
- How to extend a state return? See 1040 state extension frequently asked questions
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"