What's New for Lacerte Tax
We have spent a lot of effort to improve the overall quality and security to help you with a better tax year 2020. From smart security features to all-new e-file capabilities, you can count on Lacerte to help make this tax year the best it can be. In addition, new tax forms and more e-File continue to be our top priority. For Tax Year 2020, you will be able to e-File 43 new tax return types.
Product enhancements: Helping you save you time
Automatically track time by return for all tax types. You can quickly assess how much time has been spent to make better decisions calculating billing, return on investment and time allocation by staff.
Multiple performance upgrades. Platform and database enhancements to help ensure higher quality and reliability to help preparers stay on track.
IPM - Intuit Practice Management
- Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon gives you confidence that everyone in your firm is working on the right projects at the right time. Because it’s integrated with Lacerte, you get real-time visibility to progress across your practice – all from one place.
- You can now use the clients you have already created within IPM or any other Intuit offering within Lacerte.
New eSignature updates for TY20:
- Faster and more reliable eSignature Dashboard and Send Request experiences based on your feedback from last year.
- New 1-click eSignature functionality lets you quickly send 8878 and 8879 requests from inside Lacerte in just one click.
- eSignature capabilities will be available in Fiduciary and Exempt modules in Lacerte.
New Forms and e-File Capabilities
Lacerte Tax Year 2020 program will support 43 New e-filing Types
- For Tax year 2020, Lacerte will offer e-filing capability for the following Returns (3):
- Indiana Corporate
- Kentucky Individual, Single Member LLC
- Rhode Island Fiduciary
- For Tax year 2020, Lacerte will offer e-filing capability for the following Extensions (1):
- Virginia Individual
- For Tax year 2020, Lacerte will offer e-filing capability for the following Estimates (31):
- Alaska Corporate & S-Corporation
- Arkansas Individual, Corporate, S-Corporation, & Fiduciary
- Colorado Individual
- District of Columbia Individual, Corporate, S-Corporation, Partnership, & Fiduciary
- Kansas Corporate
- Kentucky Individual
- Nebraska Individual, Corporate, S-Corporation, & Partnership
- North Carolina Individual & Corporate
- North Dakota Individual, Corporate, & Fiduciary
- Ohio Individual
- Oklahoma Individual, Corporate, S-Corporation, Partnership, & Fiduciary
- Oregon Individual
- Vermont Individual
- For Tax year 2020, Lacerte will offer e-filing capability for the following Amended Returns (8):
- Indiana Corporate, S-Corporation, & Partnership
- Maryland Individual
- Massachusetts Individual
- New Mexico Corporate
- Ohio Individual
- Pennsylvania Individual
Get the most out of Lacerte with free training
Anytime is a great time to sharpen your skills and learn more about your Lacerte 2020 software, which is why we provide a variety of free training opportunities throughout the year.
See the exciting new features and improvements coming to Lacerte for Tax Year 2020 from by watching one of our live or pre-recorded webinars. Deepen your knowledge, get great software tips, and stay ahead of the industry with free webinars catered to tax professionals like yourself.
Lacerte Training Portal
Prepare for tax season with our Training Portal, with relevant and personalized content recommendations on the features you use.
Time-Saving Features Learning Center
The average Lacerte user only knows about 48% of the basic time-saving features! What might you be missing? Discover new ways to work more efficiently in our Time-Saving Features Learning Center, created from ratings and surveys from your peers.
Solved! Go to Solution.