As the deadline quickly approaches we have put together some resources for the most commonly asked questions to help get you through.
When do my clients have to file by?
Victims of the February winter storms who live in Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana should file their federal individual tax returns by June 15th, 2021.
What if I need more time?
File for an extension by mailing Form 4868 and paying the tax due to the IRS. A timely requested extension will allow you until October 15th to file the tax return.
Note: The IRS can't accept extensions electronically after the deadline for all filers (May 17th, 2021). Learn more >
Most common answers:
- Need to lookup, or enter Federal and State Interest Rates? See How to enter Federal and State Interest Rates.
- For help sourcing income from K-1's, see Sourcing Income for a Multi-State Passthrough K-1 in Lacerte
- For details on entering Partnership Schedule K-1 Box 13 information, see Individual Schedule K-1 Partnership Input Box 13
- For help entering a Sale of Home, see Reporting a sale of a home on an individual return
- For more information on how to enter coronavirus-related 1099-R distributions and Form 8915-E, see How to enter coronavirus-related retirement plan distributions in Lacerte
- Have questions relating to Disaster tax relief and how it impacts payments and extensions? See Disaster tax relief and extensions
Solved! Go to Solution.