We know you are in the homestretch, here are the most asked questions from preparers like you during this time.
What is the latest I can file a timely return (1040 and 1120)? See Electronic filing deadlines and perfection periods for individual returns and extensions or corporate returns.
Have a rejected return? See How to resolve e-file rejections.
How do I timely mail a paper return? See Generating Form 8948, Preparer Explanation for Not Filing Electronically in Lacerte.
Below are links to helpful resources and content for e-file related questions:
- Need help with the status of an e-file return? See How to check for delayed e-file acknowledgements.
- Have a diagnostic and need to know how to resolve? See the Find My Diagnostic Center where you can search by the diagnostic reference ID.
- Which years can be e-filed? See E-file start and stop dates for federal returns.
- How to e-file an amended return? See Common questions about e-filing individual amended returns (Form 1040-X).
- Have a client in a federally declared disaster area? See Disaster tax relief and extensions for who qualifies for a disaster relief extension.
Solved! Go to Solution.