Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Codes Gone after transfer from 2020 to 2021?

AUTiger
Level 1

Anyone lose all the zip codes in Client Data (Screen 1) when transferring data from 2020 to 2021?

I have searched around the interwebs to see if anyone else has this problem, but was unable to find anything. Has any one here had the same issue with the proforma of client data in Lacerte from the 2020 to 2021 program?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Most of us don't pro forma til January after a few releases/bug fixes.

Ex-AllStar
AUTiger
Level 1

I can understand that. We like to use the new software to do our year end tax projections, but we have to rethink that idea. As it stands now, we will need to enter zip codes for all our tax clients (no small task) or re-import over the work that we have done (more likely option).

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is an old saying - "the early bird gets the worm".  That saying does not apply to Intuit.  Only bad things seem to happen to folks that transfer clients early.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
At this point I only proforma a client at a time to do planning. In your case, I would delete all 2021 clients (maybe except for the one your are working on) and then proforma others as (a) you absolutely need to or (b) when the program finally gets sorta stable in late January.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
George4Tacks
Level 15

For those of you that have found this thread, you may also enjoy https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/proforma-issue-with-filin...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns