Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client workstations are running version 2018 of Lacerte, our server is running 2014. Can I run WebSetup2018.exe on the server and upgrade from 2014 to 2018 directly?

andyp
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Each year of Lacerte is a separate Program. You don't upgrade  from one year to the next.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Each year of Lacerte is a separate Program. You don't upgrade  from one year to the next.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
andyp
Level 1
Then do you even need the program installed on the server?
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Check with support but if yu're using the network version I think yes. That's how mine is set up. Software installed on the network. Client data on the network. Workstaion installation for each user.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11
We have a peer-to-peer network setup, which requires the network license. We don't install Lacerte on the computer that holds the client data.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You need 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 all installed somewhere. That somewhere needs to have access to the 2014 data. Proforma from 2014 to 2015 (this only gives you a small portion of the real 2015 return, so you may want to add data to match real return). Repeat process(es) for 2015 to 16, then 2016 to 2017 and finally 2017 to 2018.

Direct input for 2018 might actually be quicker and easier.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I was wondering if that was the reason for the question.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
We may never know.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers