Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Software Updates Requirement

abctax55
Level 15

From a different list serve:

https://www.taxprotoday.com/news/update-requirement-for-efiling-may-take-tax-pros-by-surprise

Interesting...but do we ever go ten days without some kind of update?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, we tend to have updates more frequently than that and ProSeries won't let you file the federal anyway if you don't have a current update.  I'm kind of curious what preparers are going to be taken by surprise on the fancy little requirement. 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, we tend to have updates more frequently than that and ProSeries won't let you file the federal anyway if you don't have a current update.  I'm kind of curious what preparers are going to be taken by surprise on the fancy little requirement. 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I agree. Plus Lacerte has this cute little red stop sign thingy to indicate an update is available...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11
And I've had "no e-filing until you install the update" be an issue from time to time.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

With PTO, you'd never have to think about this new requirement.  What you don't know won't hurt you, wouldn't you say? 😉

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers