Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the IRS (and Lacerte) automatically update the payment date for balances due for 2020 eFiled returns requesting ACH payments to be the new 5/17/21 date?

lstegent
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

No

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you use the notification link at the top of this page?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-federal-tax-d...

"Federal and the states listed below are expected to be updated in Lacerte early next week for the extended due dates."

You can subscribe to those Update articles.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
lstegent
Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I should have emphasized the "ed" part of eFiled. My question is regarding returns that have already been electronically filed with the IRS and requested electronic payment. It sounds like returns filed before the update will have the payment deducted 4/15 and those filed after the update will have the deduction made on 5/17?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Whatever you have loaded in the software is when the payment will be made.  Neither Intuit or the IRS is going to automatically change that date.

Slava Ukraini!
lstegent
Level 1

Attempting to override the payment date generates a data entry error indicating that the date must be between 1/1/21 and 4/15/21.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then you either have to wait for them to update the software, or have the client mail in a check, or have the client make an electronic payment themselves.

Slava Ukraini!
lstegent
Level 1

I know what the alternative solutions are. My question was about already eFiled returns. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

And I already answered - no, they aren't going to change the date.

Slava Ukraini!