Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will LaCerte be adding fields to select the Iowa depreciation methods for farm equipment and like kind exchanges for equipment?

fclark
Level 1

2018 Iowa Depreciation.  Iowa did not couple with the federal regarding Section 1031 for non-real estate property nor did Iowa couple with federal on depreciation methods for farm equipment.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte has always had a state (if different) entry for depreciation. I can't speak to how a 1031 would be handled, but my guess is that if IA does not conform, Lacerte would know that. I will ask a moderator.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte has always had a state (if different) entry for depreciation. I can't speak to how a 1031 would be handled, but my guess is that if IA does not conform, Lacerte would know that. I will ask a moderator.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@IntuitAlicia - Could you check into Lacerte handling of the items in question?

0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
Thanks, like you mentioned, we already provide a way to show a different depreciation method, etc. for state vs federal.  
There will be a few changes to the program to address this including diagnostic messages (informational around auto limits, bonus depreciation, farm assets (200DB / 5 year / res ADS).
Once the IA forms are included in product, we'll know more about the LKE treatment.  If IA does not conform, we'll be on the look out for an automatic adjustment, or a diagnostic that indicates an adjustment is required.
This is what we've got for now, with more to come.
0 Cheers
benrouse
Level 1
Is there any more to update on this issue?  IA is definitely NOT coupling with like kind exchange, or 200DB, or 5 year life for new farm equipment.  We're really struggling getting depreciation correct for farmers and especially those that traded machinery and had past carryover basis.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@benrouse There have been recent updates. Have you installed them? If the problem persists, use Ctrl + L to create a service request. Attach a file with this problem and clearly state what is not working. Hopefully that will trigger a fix by Lacerte.

0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers