Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Lacerte add Missouri Pass Through Entity Tax Form (MO-PTE) soon?

bzach
Level 2

Missouri passed Pass-Through Entity tax legislation earlier this year and it is effective for tax year 2022. Department of Revenue recently released the MO-PTE forms for 2022. How long until Lacerte adds these?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bzach
Level 2

I just got a response from my Lacerte rep that the dev team has these in queue, but no definite date on availability. He is thinking late February availability.

Yes - I believe the MO-PTE replaces the MO-1120S or MO-1065 filings. Also - form instructions seem to indicate the only way to file and pay the MO-PTE this year is to do so by mail.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
ajoplin
Level 1

Yes, we need these forms to be available ASAP!

Justin98
Level 2

Has anyone heard anything yet.  It is also my understanding from e-mailing the department of revenue that these will replace the MO1120S or MO1065, and have to be paper filed.  Is that your understanding?

bzach
Level 2

I haven't heard anything, but I hadn't reached out directly to DOR yet.

Not looking forward to it if they all have to be paper filed this year. FAQs didn't seem clear about whether it replaced the MO-1065 or MO-1120S, but the form certainly seems like it would.

0 Cheers
gwood
Level 1

We need attention to this discussion topic. We are delayed on finalizing workflows until we know this. Please help Lacerte Support community.

sjrcpa
Level 15

We are users just like you. We have no additional info or sway.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
bzach
Level 2

I just got a response from my Lacerte rep that the dev team has these in queue, but no definite date on availability. He is thinking late February availability.

Yes - I believe the MO-PTE replaces the MO-1120S or MO-1065 filings. Also - form instructions seem to indicate the only way to file and pay the MO-PTE this year is to do so by mail.

0 Cheers
Justin98
Level 2

Thank you for staying on them.  It is my understanding that Ultra Tax is not even going to provide the MO PTE, so at least we are ahead of them.

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

Just got off the phone with Lacerte.  No definite date but hopefully by March 16th.  WTH!

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

Didn't get it by the end of February.  Wonder when they will actually get it finished?!?!?!

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

Just got off the phone with Lacerte.  Still looking at March 16th BUT was informed that it will take up to two weeks after that for the form to be finalized.  Soooooo we are looking at maybe April 1 or April 2?  Anyone have any luck filling out these forms manually?

0 Cheers
cin15
Level 3

This issue has NOT been solved!!!!  Please remove the "solved" designation from the question.  It is March 9th and still no form.  Found out today that Drake has this form up and running.  I am going to look into Drake for my business returns for next tax season and maybe switch all together.