Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is form 8990 in draft form?

rs1
Level 1

why is form 8990 in draft form?  It is June 22 and I am getting an error message.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Susan S
Level 1

I have same problem.  I processed return on 6/12/20 and printed with no draft on form 8990 and no diagnostic that 8990 is in draft form.  Today I try to efile and have critical diagnostic that 8990 is in draft form.  Called Lacerte Support twice today and they could not fix or tell me a way to supress the 8990.

Any one else have better luck?  Seems like one of the updates between 6/12 and today must have changed the status of this form.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I believe I was getting the diagnostic for quite a while ...  but I can't prove it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I just found this... maybe it's a work-around:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/business-tax-credits-and-deductions/help/generating-form-899...

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
danielbg
Level 2

I have the same issue. Form 8990 is preventing my ability to efile the return.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Install this afternoon's update.  It just got fixed.

( Generic Comment )"
danielbg
Level 2

I did several times but still have the "Federal Form 8990 is included in draft form" in there.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

See Jerry's post in another thread on this issue.  Evidently you can now *override* the diagnostic & efile by disabling efile checking.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/8990-not-final/00/90606

Half-way down in the above post is the link I posted  to the article on "overriding".

( Generic Comment )"
danielbg
Level 2

Didn't work for me before but I'll try, try again. thanks

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You can't override?

I can't double check; I'm working from home & I don't efile from here...

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers