Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Form 5695 Part II not been updated? Am I missing something here?

bwhitman04
Level 1

The nonbusiness energy property credit was recently extended retroactively to 2018 but form 5695 Part II still says "reserved for future use."  Lacerte shows the form as final as of January 2019.  An IRS website search shows a dozen forms that are expected to have post release changes and this form is NOT on that list.  What am I missing?  Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It has NOT been retroactively extended (yet).

Why do you think it has been extended?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It has NOT been retroactively extended (yet).

Why do you think it has been extended?

0 Cheers
bwhitman04
Level 1
Well that explains a lot :).  I'm not sure where I got that idea from...ugh...obviously it wasn't authoritative.  Thanks for your quick response.  
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Per other list-serves (AND the notice Intuit put out - I swear I saw an Intuit notice but I can't find it now :-), legislation has been proposed in the Senate to re-extend the extenders.  Chatter indicates they *might* get around to voting late March or early April.

Can anyone say "CLUELESS" ?!?!  These bozos in Congress have zero concept of what goes on in the real world of taxes. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers