Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do does Lacerte send an organizer which invites the clients to write in all of their data?

Illni
Level 4

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lacerte provides it. You send it, at your option.

ex-AllStar
Illni
Level 4

I've been using their organizer for 30 years now and they have never taken steps to improve it. Just make a list of W-2s and 1099s with a check mark -- don't make them fill it out (which they do almost every year). We really only need the Schedule C, E, F and A information off the organizers. Basically anything that comes on an issued form, I don't need my clients to write it in. Most client's don't like our organizers anyway -- too confusing and too voluminous. It could be cut to about 8 pages or less for most clients. I want an organizer that is user friendly for my clients and there's no excuse for Lacerte not looking for a better mousetrap after 30 years of presenting the same old organizer year after year.

0 Cheers
EdDower
Level 1

I am finding the e-organizer process too cumbersome, and those clients who have received them don't know what to do or how to respond. Based on your own experience, what do you send a client? Is it simply a list showing what was included in the prior year return along with a questionnaire similar to what you see produced by Intuit?

Ed Dowaschinski

0 Cheers