Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't the date acquired and date sold not populate when I imported the 1099-B from the broker?

bernie10
Level 3

I imported client 1099-B and all the data was correct except it did not populate the date acquired and date sold fields.  Is there a way to fix this because the client has many transactions and I would like to avoid a manual fix.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Import seems to be a hit and miss process.  As a side note, for sales that had the cost reported to the IRS, you only need to enter the totals from the 1099B

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Import seems to be a hit and miss process.  As a side note, for sales that had the cost reported to the IRS, you only need to enter the totals from the 1099B

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Oh course you did a backup of the file before doing the import, so just restore that backup. 😉

Unfortunately there is no mass delete of the data that was imported, so that process will take a while, but that is probably quicker than trying input the dates. 

Another option is to simply mark each as short or long and not do a summary for covered. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns