Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to adjust wage withholding for 2020 projection

MontvilleCPA
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am assuming you are in Screen 7. The 2nd entry is Withholding [A], which is an adjustment. Input a negative whatever the 2019 withholding is to zero it out. You would also adjust that by any NEW withholding from retirement. 

If you are using tax planner, or working in a different part of the program, post that.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15
Are you look to (a) adjust withholding, i.e. W-4? (b) adjust estimate tax payments? or (c) just get an estimate of 2020 summary?

0 Cheers
MontvilleCPA
Level 2

Taxpayers retired and H/W each had W-2 earnings.  No wages for 2020 so I put in NEGATIVE amounts for the 2020 projection.  However, I was unable to determine where to show NO wage withholding for 2020

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am assuming you are in Screen 7. The 2nd entry is Withholding [A], which is an adjustment. Input a negative whatever the 2019 withholding is to zero it out. You would also adjust that by any NEW withholding from retirement. 

If you are using tax planner, or working in a different part of the program, post that.