Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE IS THE 2020 INPUT FOR FORM 1099-NEC?

Gerri
Level 1
WHERE IS THE INPUT FOR FEDERAL FORM 1099-NEC FOR  LACERTE 2020 INDIVIDUAL RETURNS?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Lacerte is not really designed for entering data straight off of forms. It's up to the preparer to figure out where on the return they'd like the income to go, and entering the amount, after any appropriate adjustments, into the relevant screens.

If you have state withholding from states that require the 1099 be replicated, the input for 1099-NEC is in the same place it was for 1099-MISC: Screen 14.1 under Tax Withheld.

abctax55
Level 15

THE EXACT SAME PLACE AS THE F 1099-MISC AMOUNTS (FOR NEC) WERE ENTERED LAST YEAR.

why are you yelling at us?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

You should also be aware that Lacerte has this snifty feature:

Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

( Generic Comment )"
Gerri
Level 1

Hi Phoebe,

When I do what yo suggest in Lacerte 2020, I get a Lacerte message that, if you have withholding for certain states, use "the Form 1099/MISC/NEC for E-File returns input screen" not screen 14.1.  I can't spot that in screen,4 or on the other screen I looked at, so I put in a call to Lacerte more than two hours ago, but they have not called back.  If you can find the place in 2020 Lacerte, I sure would like to know.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The software is not yet ready for prime time, *especially* for state input.  

As they say, patience grasshopper.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@Gerri 

I just played with a dummy file.

It's there, Screen 14.1, first item under Sections.

It works for me (using CA).

Make sure your software is up-to-date.

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

You have access to the Help articles that are updated, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/view-all-articles/07?product=Lacerte%20Tax

For instance:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/forms/form-1098-and-form-1099/08?product=Lacerte%20Tax&page=...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1099-misc/help/entering-amounts-from-a-form-1099-misc-i...

And of course, 1099-NEC is only one part of the Sched C, which you would work on if that applies.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

That screen is accessed by clicking the button in Screen 14.1 under Withholding. It's labeled "Form 1099/MISC/NEC for E-File returns"

Gerri
Level 1

Thank you Phoebe and everyone else who replied.  I just didn't that link.  

0 Cheers