Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Schedule D?

bernardine_lam
Level 1
It appears that I am unable to enter the short term and long term gains into the client's tax return.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Screen 17.  Either enter the dates, or force short term or long term.  Tag as appropriate whether covered, not covered, not on F 1099-B. etc.   The info will flow to F 8949 (if not covered) then to Sch D.

Edit - I think there's a setting to force the F 8949 (and possibly the Sch D) to print.  I'm not at my computer to verify.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Screen 17.  Either enter the dates, or force short term or long term.  Tag as appropriate whether covered, not covered, not on F 1099-B. etc.   The info will flow to F 8949 (if not covered) then to Sch D.

Edit - I think there's a setting to force the F 8949 (and possibly the Sch D) to print.  I'm not at my computer to verify.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
CPA School
Level 1

Does not answer my question.

I cannot find the Schedule D to make entries in it.

John

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You can't find Screen 17? Youre using Lacerte, like this original post is asking about, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪