Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter Colorado withholding from nonresident real estate sales?

michaelmerkin
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try Screen 53 > Colorado Credits > 4th item is Real Estate Withholding (Form DR 1079).

If you know where it goes on the return, find that line in Forms view and RIGHT CLICK, then select JUMP TO INPUT

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
michaelmerkin
Level 1

Your post gets the correct number on line 24 of Form DR 0104 but it does not make that number appear on line 2(b) of Form DR 0204. This makes the return calculate an underpayment penalty when there is no underpayment.

If you press the F1 key when you are on screen 53.261 Real estate withholding (Form DR 1079) it says "Enter a number to override the amount of withholding from nonresident real estate sales". This makes me think there is a place to enter withholding from nonresident real estate sales so it does not have to be overridden and will appear on Form 0204 so no underpayment penalty is calculated. This is the box I am looking for.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is an important Lacerte trick:

RIGHT CLICK on line 2(b) of Form DR 0204 and select "Jump to Input"

0 Cheers
michaelmerkin
Level 1

Right clicking on line 2(b) of Form DR 0204 and select "Jump to Input" takes you to screen 10 which is Wages.

Where in this screen do you enter Colorado withholding on a nonresident real estate transaction?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't regularly do CO returns. One more try - Screen 17 where you showed the disposition that created with withholding > Schedule D (Sections) > State income tax withheld.

See if that ends up in the right spot.  For CA, which I do, there is a special area toward the bottom on Screen 17 for this.

0 Cheers
michaelmerkin
Level 1

Entering a number in the state tax withholding line on screen 17 shows up on the wrong line of the Colorado return.

I did not see a special box for Colorado withholding from nonresident real estate transaction on screen 17.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Either call support or use Ctrl + L to highlight the return and send it to Lacerte with your concerns about it. They will either use this to fix the program and let you know how to fix the problem.

0 Cheers