Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I report the taxes paid at the sale of a rental property in a non-resident state

Level 1
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 15

Are you really asking where to enter the state taxes via closing upon the sale of property?

OR, are you asking how to handle a credit for double taxed income for a resident & non-resident state?

NMI - like perhaps the actual states involved?

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15

Add the non resident state to the return and code the sale to that state https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/adding-or-deleting-a-state-return-in-lacert...

Lacerte generally does a good job with state tax credits for taxes paid to another state.