Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I purchase tax engagement letters

elawson53
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Mine *started* with one from my E&O insurance provider (years ago) and I have added/modified since then to fit my specific practice needs.

The AICPA has prototypes, if you are a member.

As for ones *for sale*, google should be your friend (as Jeff points out).

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
abctax55
Level 15

Mine *started* with one from my E&O insurance provider (years ago) and I have added/modified since then to fit my specific practice needs.

The AICPA has prototypes, if you are a member.

As for ones *for sale*, google should be your friend (as Jeff points out).

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Evidently elawson would rather pay good money than spend a couple of minutes on Google. :frowning:

On second thought - I have a really good engagement letter that I am willing to sell for $1,000.  Will that be cash or credit card? :smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I'll sell him/her mine for $ 975 !
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm not going to give away my work for free so I won't go under $950.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I'll even go down to $ 900....  IF we meet down under the bridge and it is ALL cash.   I'll even throw in my ethics policy :joy::joy:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Those under bridge deals are hard to beat -------------------- you win.  :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why would you purchase something like that?  Do a Google search for examples and create your own.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Not helpful??????????
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
0 Cheers
markdlaird
Level 1
I've adapted mine from the Thomson Engagement letter generator and samples from online.  I have done away with the doublespeak of the generated letters and have specific responsibilities for both the clients and the office.  For tax clients it is much easier to understand a one page letter.  Each year I make sure to specify the new items that most people will be required to follow.  If it is a more complicated return I prepare a specific letter for the client.  
0 Cheers
jphandy
Level 2

The AICPA has a wonderful library of free engagement letters for every type of engagement, if you are a member

0 Cheers