Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we be able to e-file CA FTB Form 3509

privatetaxprep4
Level 1

It's a simple one page form. But they have a special tax rule that blocks the entire e-filing of Form 199 (so we can't even attach as a PDF). 

Super frustrating that it hasn't been implemented yet given the impacts. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

I complained about it starting when we first efiled CA nonprofit returns. So 15+ years ago?

Obviously not a priority for Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
privatetaxprep4
Level 1

Normally not supporting a form isn't a problem. But this is a simple form and it BLOCKS the ENTIRE Form 199 e-filing process. You can't do the attach PDF thing or anything.

So annoying. They probably spent more time on the diagnostics and waiver request instructions than it would have taken to implement the darn form. 

0 Cheers
Koreshko
Level 2

When will anyone from Lacerte read all these comments? It is frustrating. Considering to move to UltraTax CS because of it. 

0 Cheers
privatetaxprep4
Level 1

Does UltraTax support this form for e-file? Maybe it's a state level issue instead? 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Koreshko You can now add ideas for forms to add, features to add, etc and then Lacerte will at least see it and all of the votes it gets. This is a new feature since the last post. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to work it's way up the ladder, but if it is important to you, post the idea here 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/604

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Koreshko
Level 2

Yes, UltraTax CS has the form 3509 and supports it for e-filing.  It is a non-calculating form, so the firm has to fill out the form manually, but it e-files.

0 Cheers