Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the reinstated 2018 expired provisions be available in Lacerte for Amended returns?

maughact
Level 4

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Sometime in the future.

You can rely on my answer (or anyone else's) as much as the one you can get with the Magic 8 Ball.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Seriously, we don't know.  The updated forms and instructions were released in Jan/Feb but we don't know whether it's stuck with Intuit getting the programs updated for approval or the IRS approving the changes due to the shutdown.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just found out the TurboTax (and therefore ProSeries) is aiming for mid-May.  So it seems likely that Lacerte and PTO will be similar.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I also think it is interesting that they tell TurboTaxers that, but they don't tell those of us that use Intuit's professional products.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/2018-extenders-passed-under-taxpayer-certainty-and...