Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the proforma wizard be fixed to make sure all locked clients will properly proforma so I don't have a big time commitment to find and fix each one?

rsowens
Level 3

A lot of my client files won't proforma.  All client files are locked.  A good number do proforma but that are a lot that won't.  I'd like to know when Lacerte will fix this so I don't have a large time commitment to find those that won't proforma, then unlock, then proforma and finally relock.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a known issue that has unknown resolution date.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a known issue that has unknown resolution date.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

1) do a complete, good, clean back-up (or two)....IF you don't already have one/two.

2) Unlock ALL returns

3) Proforma in blocks of 50 or so, with 2018 open to keep a check on the running total of clients.

That way, IF there's still a problem, you only have to look at a block of 50 for any that didn't proforma.

I did it that way on Wednesday, and had no issues.   

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
taxladyinOR
Level 1
I worry about it changing the clients return.   Isn't that the whole point of locking a return in the first place?   For example,   Say you do a return and efile it and all and lock it on Feb 1st.   Since then, Lacerte has done a number of updates that can and will make calculation changes.   So if you go and unlock the return it will update the return and will be different than the originally filed return.   Then you go to performa the clients to the next year and the numbers carried over could be wrong.    It's not going to affect every single client, but you just don't know which ones.
Isn't that the point of locking a return so that when Lacerte does updates it doesn't change the numbers after you have efiled the return?  So you have what was actually filed and those numbers get performa'd over.  
0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

Has this issue been resolved for Individual, Business and Fiduciary returns yet? When I called back today, after reporting this last week and being told they were working on a fix, I am being told there is no history of an issue and nothing is currently being worked on.

0 Cheers