Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we start filing 2020 individual returns?

bobthejockey
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbteachmt
Level 15

Your notification has been in the program and is at the top of the page, right here; even my evening news has been putting it on the screen crawl.

The link at the top of the page goes here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/2019-e-file-start-and-stop-dates-for-federal...

Here:

This article will help you determine whether or not you can e-file current federal tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other businesses.

When will e-filing for 2019 and 2018 returns reopen?

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 business returns will resume on January 8, 2021.

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 individual returns will resume on February 12, 2021.

When can I e-file 2020 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
BusinessJanuary 8, 2021January 19, 2021
Individual (1040)February 12, 2021Intuit will begin holding returns on January 28, 2021

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

2/12/21 almost a palindrome

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
qbteachmt
Level 15

Your notification has been in the program and is at the top of the page, right here; even my evening news has been putting it on the screen crawl.

The link at the top of the page goes here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/2019-e-file-start-and-stop-dates-for-federal...

Here:

This article will help you determine whether or not you can e-file current federal tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other businesses.

When will e-filing for 2019 and 2018 returns reopen?

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 business returns will resume on January 8, 2021.

E-filing for tax year 2019 and 2018 individual returns will resume on February 12, 2021.

When can I e-file 2020 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
BusinessJanuary 8, 2021January 19, 2021
Individual (1040)February 12, 2021Intuit will begin holding returns on January 28, 2021

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think when the counter blew up, it hit our counter guy and he ended up in the hospital.  The backup counter I believe is at 333,333

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

I thought it was due to liver failure.  Wasn't there a drink every time someone asked this question?

IRonMaN
Level 15

There were, but they all checked into their local detox center.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

I think I saw the counter go whizzing past earlier, because it seemed to spin right off of its bearing and went into space.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers