Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are examples of taxes paid that are input on Sch. A, Line 6?

robert1
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Annette Nellen opines that real estate taxes on investment property (property held for the production of income) deductible under IRC 212 go on Line 6, which excludes them from the $10K SALT limitation. Cite is IRC 164(b)(6). Comments from other preparers recommend disclosure on Form 8275.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Annette Nellen opines that real estate taxes on investment property (property held for the production of income) deductible under IRC 212 go on Line 6, which excludes them from the $10K SALT limitation. Cite is IRC 164(b)(6). Comments from other preparers recommend disclosure on Form 8275.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I've been following that discussion on a different list-serve.  I haven't formed an opinion, yet.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That was such a good question that you had to ask twice?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Ha ha....I said the same thing in the other one, and I closed it.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm hoping Robert is doing homework rather than preparing tax returns.  :pray::pray:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

When in doubt, read the instructions https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sca.pdf If you are still confused wait for Phoebe to throw in another wonderfully intriguing twist. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I generally only deduct the ones that were actually PAID during the year. 

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers