Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We recently installed 2018 Lacerte but our preparer information did not transfer. How do we transfer preparer information from 2017 to 2018?

jstapp
Level 1

Need help transferring preparer information to 2018 Lacerte.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

If you mean the preparer file, that needs to be downloaded/installed for each year.  It doesn't *transfer* from year to year.

If you mean the 'preparer' assigned to each client in Screen 1; I don't know as I am the only 'preparer' in my small office AND I've only transferred a handful of clients so far.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

If you mean the preparer file, that needs to be downloaded/installed for each year.  It doesn't *transfer* from year to year.

If you mean the 'preparer' assigned to each client in Screen 1; I don't know as I am the only 'preparer' in my small office AND I've only transferred a handful of clients so far.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

In 2018 - Settings > Transfer prior year settings.... > Probably best to just Select All and that will bring 2017 forward. Be sure to check the folder shown at the bottom. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers