Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Updates

Highlighted
Level 2

Where can I go to see what is being updated within a new version of Lacerte.  For instance, the updated that came down today, April 3rd, what forms, program changes, etc, where altered?

Thanks

Rob 

Labels (1)
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 15

They don't share that with us, even when they break some form. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

This is a sad situation.  We pay thousands an thousands of dollars to Intuit-Lacerte.  We pay for accurate software.  I get that changes in tax code and bugs in systems are a common part or our business.  All I want is to be told of changes.  

Last year, Lacerte was not calculating Oregon state tuition costs correctly.  Took a month to explain the problem to a Lacerte, in the meantime, I was lucky and could hold back returns that we "wrong due to programming" . Clients appropriated our work, but even when the program was fixed, Lacerte, they did not bother to tell us.

LACERTE - we are not asking for you to share your programming code or your reasons for making an update. We are only asking for a small notation such as:

Update to Oregon tuition deduction

Is that so hard !