Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utah Estimated Payments in Lacerte

Aundra Holmes
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to add Utah 2021 estimated payments to a client's return. They are filing with both California & Utah, but the option is only there for California. I am not a tax preparer (office manager) so I do not have a strong Lacerte understanding, but I was given the task to figure out to assist my boss.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Go to Screen 7 - 2021 Estimates. In the state column, enter Control-E. It will open up a screen allowing you to enter info for CA and UT.

0 Cheers
Aundra Holmes
Level 1

I did that & I see an area to enter in the amount, but when I go to select the state it does not have an option outside from CA. Am I entering it in the same area as the corresponding quarters for CA?

0 Cheers
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Please go to Screen 1 - Client Information and make sure Utah appears under Returns on the left. If it doesn't, add Utah.

0 Cheers
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Also, please make sure you have Utah tax program installed on your computer.

0 Cheers
Aundra Holmes
Level 1

I think this is where I might be off. Everything is all setup properly with Utah added, but I'm not sure if the Utah tax program is installed. Would this be in addition to our normal version of Lacerte? We have done estimated payments for other states recently & not had this issue.

0 Cheers
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Each state you want to use has to be installed on your computer. Here is an easy way to find out. After adding Utah to the list of states in Screen 1 - Client Information, click on the Forms tab. If Utah is not installed, you will receive a prompt to install  it from the Web. You can check the radio button for install and proceed.

0 Cheers