Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update/ modify taxpayer Occupation tables

brettlin
Level 3

Where do I modify the listing of Occupations for the taxpayer and spouse information in the Client Information (page 1)? There are a lot of misspelled occupations in this software from previous years of being used. I need to update this to remove some of these wrong ones.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Table Editor

You clean up a bunch of mispelings in their. Get ona yur gud spelers to revue it ona reglar basis. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
brettlin
Level 3

I see those tables and I can update stuff like interest payers, dividend payers, employer names, and on and on. I just cannot find anything for the taxpayer. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
You are right, my error. It is much more obvious. Click the down arrow for occupation and it will show the list. Scroll through and RIGHT click the offending name and select DELETE.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
brettlin
Level 3

This works on page 1, the Client Info screen. But it doesn't do anything for the tables. I wonder if there is some sort of admin/security setting that is not allowing me to view/edit this table. No matter how many times I change a spouse to "Retired", it never updates the tables. The weird thing is that I only have 8 options on the drop down and nothing I add or change flows through to any other taxpayer.Capture.PNG

0 Cheers