Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked tax files overwritten

mmm
Level 2

We've just discovered that on June 22, 2021, all of our unlocked S-Corp and Partnership tax clients had their status reset to Proforma, and all current data was erased.  All of the electronic extension information was also erased.  We can restore from our backup, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

MMM? This definitely sounds like some accidentally did the proforma from 2019 again. It is definitely good that you have a backup. 

Were the returns LOCKED? that does then require another definite action by anyone doing the proforma again. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
nbeck
Level 3

We have our settings so that only our 2 admins can proforma returns.  That way someone doesn't accidently proforma all clients instead of just one select client.  Easy mistake to make especially in the thick of tax season.

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Sounded more like an operator error instead of a Lacerte problem...

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
jctaxes
Level 2

Every year this happens to me with certain clients. I have lost over 200 returns for 2021 tax year.

0 Cheers
jctaxes
Level 2

How do you do that?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Settings, Master Options.

Options can be set for each user.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers