Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhelpful answers

FLBound
Level 2

Some replies have answers to the questions asked and other answers helpful suggestions, but some answers are just not necessary.  Maybe some tax preparers have extra time (like on the "weekends") but others are trying to get issues resolved and tax returns completed.  It is not very productive to have to scroll through worthless answers that don't even address the question to get to ones that really matter.   

6 Replies 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Worthless answers are usually the result of worthless questions.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

It's even more of a waste of time to scroll thru the constant, repetitive, over & over & over again questions that could easily be answered by

1 - reading the damned notices posted

2 - SEARCH.. either on the forum, or gasp, Google your question.

When you've spent as much time as some of us have here, saving Intuit' s butt because they have abandoned ALL meaningful support... post back with any complaints

Until then, take it up with management.  

WE ARE volunteers. WE GET nothing tangible from Intuit.  So if we blow off a little stress here at times,  so be it.

EDIT. And Austin... if you wish to censor/censure me - have at it.  I'm close to being done with this place and with Intuit anyway.

Former Chump..oops..AllStar...I used to be a people person, then people ruined it

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 11

I think the bigger problem than "some answers are just not necessary" is that 70% of the questions are just not necessary.  Although this year that number may be closer to 99.8%.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@FLBound wrote:

Maybe some tax preparers have extra time (like on the "weekends") but others are trying to get issues resolved and tax returns completed.

Now, who might that be?  Who has extra time?  Honest, I do not see any thread with loads of irrelevant responses that deflect attention from the subject matter because, contrary to the OP's opinion, volunteers just don't have time - they are super busy but yet take their personal time help others out.

There's only one reason why this Community still exists - that's because people get solid responses and workarounds that they can actually use to solve their problems in much less time and without the frustration they get from calling Support.  (And that's despite the "worthless answers" the OP referred to.)

Talk about productivity?  Forbidding humor in responses (which anyone can easily ignore) is not the solution.  As my friends suggested, how about looking up previous questions before posting duplicate questions?  How about users being more precise and giving the proper context in their questions?  How about everyone pitching in rather than merely asking questions?  How about being cordial and giving thanks to others?  How about identifying solutions rather than abandoning the thread once it's solved...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Maybe some tax preparers have extra time (like on the "weekends") but others are trying to get issues resolved and tax returns completed.

I will GLADLY compare the number of hours I'm working with yours.  Yet I have managed to rack up a substantial number of "solves" and "helpful" votes on this forum, as well as on its predecessor.

And I'd be able to be even MORE helpful if I didn't have to continually wade thru posts/questions that could ask the same question again, & again, & again &....

Give me just second... let me check YOUR track record on the forum.

Former Chump..oops..AllStar...I used to be a people person, then people ruined it

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

If people would use the IRS first, a lot of questions would be answered. The number of tax regulation questions outweigh the "how to do this in the software" questions. And geez, watch the News, people, to know if a rumor or a tax bill is signed into Law or not, and stop asking here because The President is not part of this community, so no one here knows what Will Be Signed or when.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers