Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACERTE TECHNICAL SUPPORT

steve6
Level 2

BEEN TRYING TO GET OUT FOR 5 YEARS NOW.  USING LACERTE IS LIKE BEING A BATTERED SPOUSE IN A BAD MARRIAGE.  YOU WANT TO LEAVE, YOU JUST CAN'T!  ALL THE MONEY IS GOING TO TURBO TAX, THE PROFIT CENTER.  NO WAITS TO CALL TECHNICAL SUPPORT WITH TURBO TAX BECAUSE THEY ARE HIRING RETIRED CPAS TO FIELD QUESTIONS.  LACERTE'S SOFTWARE PLATFORM IS THE SAME AS 25 YEARS AGO.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

True, but Lacerte does have some silly preparers that give free advice here to real questions. Sometimes we can solve the problems that being on hold would never solve. Give us a try and maybe you can also retire and volunteer to work for free here. 

I started with Lacerte when it ran on CP/M.  I still have my Kaypro 10 if you need any 1987 tax returns done. http://www.vintage-computer.com/kaypro10.shtml

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
George4Tacks
Level 15

True, but Lacerte does have some silly preparers that give free advice here to real questions. Sometimes we can solve the problems that being on hold would never solve. Give us a try and maybe you can also retire and volunteer to work for free here. 

I started with Lacerte when it ran on CP/M.  I still have my Kaypro 10 if you need any 1987 tax returns done. http://www.vintage-computer.com/kaypro10.shtml

IRonMaN
Level 15

"BEEN TRYING TO GET OUT FOR 5 YEARS NOW"

Tell us what Intuit prison they are holding you in and we will send you a cake with a file in it.  Good luck.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15
Maybe court-martialed on THAT air force base :joy::joy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
To cut costs, it would make sense to have a jail at that Intuit air force base.  And we all know, Intuit does like to cut costs :grimacing::grimacing:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Cake with a file in it, gotcha.  That makes so much more sense.  Last time I sent a file with a cake in it.
steve6
Level 2
Hilarious responses, thanks.  While tech support is reading from a script or trolling the community chat line for answers, I try to solve my Q while on hold to see if I can figure it out quicker.  The caliber of front line support is getting weaker every year.  Sorry, this is just my experience and perhaps I am alone in this opinion, but not according to others with whom I have spoken about it in my town.  

Here's an example of poor upgrades.  QBI, probably the most significant change to the tax laws yet access to it is hidden away in "Other" screen sections and hard to access.  The QDPAD data was pretty easy to find by comparison.  

Anyway, done griping, have to do this once a year, need to get work done as I don't have any quality technical support once again.  
0 Cheers
steve6
Level 2
Sorry, don't use Lacerte for the EIC, haven't ever done one.  I use it for more complicated returns.  Bad sign when corporate cannibalization appears i.e. Turbo Tax competing against Lacerte and that other tax software it owns.  
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Seriously, @steve, if you had posted your question, someone could have helped you here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
steve6
Level 2
That would have been a first.  The only forum that I ever found valuable was the free one Intuit had several years ago, can't even remember the name.  Think it had the word Almanac in it.  Great forum, but not real user friendly.  
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@steve It was http://www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Main_Page.html
Another really good group for Lacerte is LTUG https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ltug/info (You will need to sign into Yahoo and then be accepted by the group. You can use a gmail account to log in, or create a Yahoo account.

steve6
Level 2
Thanks for the link George.  Socrates is a favorite of mine as well.   
0 Cheers