Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095 A critical diagnostic

judy-pentacle1
Level 1
For one month 1095 A, Part III  has column A=zero, Column B=zero, Column C =$455.74
Critical diagnostic requires entry for monthly premium in Column A.   Should I just enter the amount shown in previous months or contact issurer  and ask for corrected 1095 A? Or is there an over-ride
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Let me take a look as this Diagnostic does appear in the situation that is presented above. The diagnostic, although critical is not e-file stopping and you would be able to e-file with it.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 = -1 in Lacerte

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
judy-pentacle1
Level 1
tried -1 and it is not accepted (just a "ding" to let me know Lacerte doesn't like -1  in that place)
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
I have no other ideas.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
judy-pentacle1
Level 1
Maybe someone will . . .or I'll call tomorrow
0 Cheers
manda
Level 1
Same here. This happens when client ended the coverage and did not pay for premium. Lacerte diagnostic ref# 42319
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit another 8962 problem

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Let me take a look as this Diagnostic does appear in the situation that is presented above. The diagnostic, although critical is not e-file stopping and you would be able to e-file with it.

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I have generated this diagnostic in my Lacerte:

Form 8962: Form 1095-A - Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, Part III - Household Information requires an entry for Monthly Premium in any period where there are entries for Monthly Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) and/or Monthly Advance Payment of Premium Tax Credit.

This diagnostic is not e-file stopping and will allow you to e-file. It does present itself in the situation you have stated above. Let me see if there is anything else that I can see about it from the instructions.

0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
I did not see much in the 8962 form instructions about this.
0 Cheers
manda
Level 1
Do you mean we can file as it shown on 1095-A? That means the taxpayer needs to pay the advance premium credit when he is not enrolled in the Marketplace insurance. It sounds not fair...
0 Cheers
manda
Level 1
Thank you Kathi_at_Intuit for your help.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
For the situation stated above, it would cause and amount to show up on form 8962, page 1 line 11, column F and cause the diagnostic. This diagnostic does not stop the return from being e-filed. I do not know if they would have to pay the amount,  I would suggest taking a look at Form 8962 instructions to see what they say. I am not sure why they would have a 1095-A if they were not enrolled in the marketplace.
0 Cheers