Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting State of California form 568- "Submission Failure: We are having difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again" I have tried 6 times

lduarte723
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgreen8393
Level 5
Do you have any pdf attachments?  If so, make sure that the attach to Federal return box is checked no and only attach to California is checked.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15
Are you sending from the 1040 module? Which schedule are you linking the 568 to?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
lduarte723
Level 1
Partnership
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I am assuming you have already transmitted 1065  If so, I would do as @IRonMaN says and reboot.
Did you see any diagnostics that you have not yet cleared?
Is this for single member or multi member?

0 Cheers
lduarte723
Level 1
I have rebooted, Check for updates,  clear all diagnostics . US 1065 accepted, two partners
0 Cheers
lduarte723
Level 1
That was it.
0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5
I had this same issue with a different State.  The error of "We are having difficulty recognizing the data" doesn't really help fix the problem.  I contacted Lacerte a few weeks ago with this problem and this was what we found.

I'm glad it worked for you too!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@kgreen8393 click the little down arrow by your statement about the pdf and "convert to answer" so we can recommend the heck out of it. Thank you so much for sharing.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5
Do you have any pdf attachments?  If so, make sure that the attach to Federal return box is checked no and only attach to California is checked.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Always the first attempt at a fix is to reboot your computer.  If that doesn't help - call support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers