Good Afternoon: I wanted to double check that this will work to transfer the lacerte files from win 7 machine to new Win 10 machine. Transferring Lacerte Files From One Computer to Another (Standalone Install)
Part 1 - Copy Lacerte Directory
- Copy the entire C:\Lacerte folder on the root of the local drive from the source computer to the same root of the C: drive on the target computer.
- Copying the entire C:\Lacerte folder includes the data, settings, and most the program files.
- This may be done by using a crossover cable or an external USB drive. Please consult your system administrator for further recommendations.
- Click the Start menu then Computer.
Windows 10 computers: open File Explorer from the taskbar and select This PC in the left pane.
- Open the Local Disk (C:)
- Open the Lacerte folder
- Then open the ??Tax (?? = two digit tax year), example -16Tax
- Then open the Setup?? folder. (?? = two digit tax year)
- Double-click the TaxSetup.exe file to initiate the installation.
- Follow the screen prompts to complete the installation.
- After the installation is complete, launch the program from the new icon on the Desktop.
Solved! Go to Solution.