Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Prior Year Settings Lacerte 2019

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Long story short. New machines in the office to comply with Windows 10. I gave the rest of the office prior years of Lacerte 18, 17, 16, etc. On my machine, the last to configure, I started with 2019 without any prior year Lacerte installation – for some reason. Several a-ha moments later, I am slowly realizing that having setup 2019 first on my PC without Lacerte being aware of prior years causes a whole mess of… well, mess.

To fix this, am I able to go into Settings > Transfer Prior Year Settings > Select All > and point the 2018 Lacerte Tax options to Lacerte\18tax\OPTION18 > click OK and ta-da!? 2018 settings will transfer, calm returns (so to speak) and all will be right with the world (from a certain point of view.) Help me Community, you’re my only hope.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Your plan to use Settings > Transfer Prior Year Settings > Select All > will work, provided your 2018 was in good shape. You will still need to massage a few things, due to some new features like NOT printing Financial Transaction Summary, do or do not use 1040SR, etc.  If 2018 is not set up then:

Are your prior year settings correct on your new PC? I would go to a machine you know is correct and use Settings > System File Path >  Backup (Use a flash drive)

Then go to your PC and put in the flash drive and use Settings > System File Path > Restore

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Your plan to use Settings > Transfer Prior Year Settings > Select All > will work, provided your 2018 was in good shape. You will still need to massage a few things, due to some new features like NOT printing Financial Transaction Summary, do or do not use 1040SR, etc.  If 2018 is not set up then:

Are your prior year settings correct on your new PC? I would go to a machine you know is correct and use Settings > System File Path >  Backup (Use a flash drive)

Then go to your PC and put in the flash drive and use Settings > System File Path > Restore

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns