Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TN Form INC 250

Kfallon
Level 1

How do I keep a partnership from generating a Form INC 250?  It is an Ohio multi-state LP, with property in TN.  However it is flowing all interest and dividends to a Form INC 250, even though they are sourced to Ohio.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

We do not have a trigger like that. We can only force it. For now uncheck Tennessee Interest and Dividend on screen 1 and you e-file the FAE 170.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

On screen 1 you can delete TN from the list of returns.

0 Cheers
Kfallon
Level 1

I still need the TN Form FAE 170, but not the Form INC 250.  In my previous software, there was a place to tell it to not prepare Form INC 250.  I can't seem to find anywhere to tell it to not prepare it in Lacerte.

0 Cheers
TylorValdez1
Employee
Employee

We do not have a trigger like that. We can only force it. For now uncheck Tennessee Interest and Dividend on screen 1 and you e-file the FAE 170.

0 Cheers
Kfallon
Level 1

Not ideal, as it still triggers critical diagnostics and the INC 250 shows on the client letter, but it's a work-around.

0 Cheers