Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to override GP representative SSN on a Partnership Return

aneela
Level 1

for I am trying to E File Partnership Return and it will not allow us to E File without GP Representative SSN. The GP Representative does not feel comfortable with providing his SSN. Is there a way to override this????

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

This statement is on the IRS website:

"On Form 1065 and Form 1066, under Designation of Partnership Representative, taxpayers may enter all 0s (example: 00-0000000 or 000-00-0000) for the TIN of the partnership representative and designated individual (if applicable)."

Whether or not Intuit updated the software to comply with this change, I'm not sure.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

This statement is on the IRS website:

"On Form 1065 and Form 1066, under Designation of Partnership Representative, taxpayers may enter all 0s (example: 00-0000000 or 000-00-0000) for the TIN of the partnership representative and designated individual (if applicable)."

Whether or not Intuit updated the software to comply with this change, I'm not sure.

0 Cheers