Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Designee section of tax returns

lynncoletta
Level 1

In past years, we have always been able to have the Third Party Designee section of the tax returns automatically filled in.  It's not working for 2019.  I spent a 1/2 hour on the phone with tech support and they were unable to do it.  I've tried going into Settings and Options to set that field to "yes" and it still won't populate the field.  Right now, I will have to manually fill in the Third Party Designee section.  Anyone else having this problem?  I imagine most preparers want this auto filled in.  Please chime in so Lacerte knows this is a quiltch for 2019 and may be they can fix it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Before you go through all of that work, you might want to read what that section says.  If the client wants to designate someone other than the preparer, the section would be filled int.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Before you go through all of that work, you might want to read what that section says.  If the client wants to designate someone other than the preparer, the section would be filled int.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

3rdparty.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪