Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership - how can I use in current year prior year unused deductions from personal use - 280A(c)(5)

dennisj1
Level 3
A rental house is owned by a partnership and had unused deductions from prior years due to personal use, Sec. 280A(d)(1).  Now in 2018, it is profitable and has zero personal use for 2018. For the 2018 return, where do the unused deductions carried forward get  reported and used?  Somewhere on the partnerships 1065 or 8825?  Or rather, on the parter's individual 1040's?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

On the 8825.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

On the 8825.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
dennisj1
Level 3
Thanks sjrcpa!  I'd love to hear other opinions, so anyone else, please chime in, dennisj.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
If it was an Individual person, it would go on page 1 of Schedule E with the rest of the rental information.  So 8825 would correspond to that.
0 Cheers
dennisj1
Level 3
TaxGuyBill:  this was a rental owned by a partnership.  Yes, ultimately it flows to partner's returns, but it's original place of reporting is the 8825.  Losses in several years prior to 2018 disallowed on the 8825.  So I'm leaning to reflect the use of the prior years unallowed losses on the 8825.
0 Cheers