Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many clients did not transfer from 2017 to 2018

Illni
Level 4
Is there a way to find a report of those clients that DID NOT transfer from 2017 to 2018?Write more details about your question here...
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

abctax55 is right, but I think I might hold my breath that there will be an update to fix this issue. I believe there was on this week. You can run the proforma again and it will warn you that you are processing XXX again, do you want to over write (or some such wording). I have only done one proforma, since I wanted to test year end on that client. I probably won't do the rest until next year.

Look to see if those that did not work are locked. That seems to be an issue this year. You may need to unlock, proforma and re lock. Be sure to get a pdf copy of the return before you unlock, or back up those clients again and then restore them. Seems like Intuit is having problems with things that worked well last year. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

abctax55 is right, but I think I might hold my breath that there will be an update to fix this issue. I believe there was on this week. You can run the proforma again and it will warn you that you are processing XXX again, do you want to over write (or some such wording). I have only done one proforma, since I wanted to test year end on that client. I probably won't do the rest until next year.

Look to see if those that did not work are locked. That seems to be an issue this year. You may need to unlock, proforma and re lock. Be sure to get a pdf copy of the return before you unlock, or back up those clients again and then restore them. Seems like Intuit is having problems with things that worked well last year. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Illni
Level 4
thank you -- I saw the notice today too -- thought it sounded related
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I agree with George.  Do a good back up (or two), unlock all, and re-transfer.

Personally - I would wait until the next update, if at all possible.   I generally don't transfer/proforma until mid-January, except for the ones I'm doing projections on.  THOSE get renumbered to ##PJ, so transferring again in Jan isn't an issue.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I don't know of an easy way....hopefully someone else does?

I *think* you can print a list of who transferred, immediately after the process finishes, but I haven't proforma'ed yet.

First, I'd note the difference in number of clients, so I'd know how many were missing.

Then I'd have the 2018 client list up on one monitor, 2017 on a second monitor (or separate windows on one monitor) and then compare to see who forgot to wander over to the new year.

YMMV

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Illni
Level 4
I printed an alphabetized mailing list of 2018, so I will have my assistant check them off versus my 2017 client list to find the missing clients.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr....
0 Cheers