Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For 2018 what is the file format to save a transfer file for the bridge program?

kwillis
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

This is a user forum, so a call to support may be in order:

1. 2018 is not fully functional yet, so don't be too trustful of the results. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/2018-lacerte-release-dates/00/4516
  2. To the best of my knowledge, there is no change in the bridge function from prior years. 

Lacerte GL Bridge Software Developer's Kit

This manual is for general ledger program developers who want to create transfer files that are compatible with the file format of the Lacerte GL Bridge program. It provides all the information you need to create transfer files that can be read by the GL Bridge program. This manual also includes the file structures and field parameters required for creating successful transfer files.

Detailed Information

See the Lacerte Bridge Software Developer's Kit manual for more information.

*Note- Lacerte Technical Support will not be able to assist with questions or issues.

For more recent efile (or other) codes past tax year 2014, you can "show codes" for the relevant areas needed by right clicking in the gray area above the detail screen as shown in the screenshot below.

INF24549_dEVELOPER_kIT.jpg

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

This is a user forum, so a call to support may be in order:

1. 2018 is not fully functional yet, so don't be too trustful of the results. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/2018-lacerte-release-dates/00/4516
  2. To the best of my knowledge, there is no change in the bridge function from prior years. 

Lacerte GL Bridge Software Developer's Kit

This manual is for general ledger program developers who want to create transfer files that are compatible with the file format of the Lacerte GL Bridge program. It provides all the information you need to create transfer files that can be read by the GL Bridge program. This manual also includes the file structures and field parameters required for creating successful transfer files.

Detailed Information

See the Lacerte Bridge Software Developer's Kit manual for more information.

*Note- Lacerte Technical Support will not be able to assist with questions or issues.

For more recent efile (or other) codes past tax year 2014, you can "show codes" for the relevant areas needed by right clicking in the gray area above the detail screen as shown in the screenshot below.

INF24549_dEVELOPER_kIT.jpg

0 Cheers
kwillis
Level 1
Thank you for quick response. I have not used the bridge program before but am familiar with xml and have my file ready. Lacerte is not detecting it in the data file in the 2017 program. I was wondering if the file is saved incorrectly. Can you give me the correct file extension for 2017?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@ChrisIntuit may have some valuable input.

0 Cheers