Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Taxpayer Numbers did not Carryover from 2020

yoyo
Level 3

Well crap! I am getting a diagnostic for every freakin partnership return I have that the Texas Taxpayer Number isn't valid. When I looked, sure enough none of them are there! They simply didn't carry forward from the prior year. The S-Corporations appeared to carry over.

Anyone else have this issue - or maybe just haven't noticed it yet?

Yeah, I can go in and enter them all again, but very irritating.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

2020 just had a new update. Hopefully it was fixed in that release. Try a client and see if it was done. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

All I have to say about this year's proforma process is....COMPLETE FAIL!

Between Individual MFJ returns proforma'd to Single

Partnership Returns having none of the Partners EIN/SSN

and now this.....

Every time we do  more work, more problems are found and I waited until early January to do the proforma after seeing all the comments in the community.

Couldn't wait any longer as we start partnership return prep on January 3rd.

AndresVTB
Level 4

It did not fix the other issues in the partnership module, I updated 2021 (no update to 2020 yesterday), proforma'd partnership returns today and they were missing partner information. I had to re-proforma all the partnership returns for the information to transfer correctly. 

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

I re-proforma'd my partnership returns on Tuesday night and it appears that all partner information is now populated.

0 Cheers
yoyo
Level 3

No, well yes and no. The update fixed it but ONLY if you go in and run all the Pro-Forma again from 2020 to 2021. So, now going through and CAREFULLY redoing only the ones that I haven't already started working on. The ones that are already in process I will need to look up the information and reenter it, recheck it.

0 Cheers
yoyo
Level 3

FYI. The original pro-forma did not "roll forward" the Texas Information on Screen 1 Client Information. Furthermore, the pro-forma erroneously stuck part of that information in Screen 4 under WebFile Number. To the extent you can, you can run the proforma process again and it appears to correctly transfer everything - or at least things people have caught for Intuit so far. For those partnerships you have already started or even finished and ones that you clearly don't want to redo again, you will need to fix the information in both screens. Obviously, you will need to be careful to cherry pick the ones you can redo the proforma vs the ones you cannot.

Uggh....

IntuitGabi
0 Cheers