Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Relief for Texas Severe Winter Storm Victims - How do you override the 2020 balance due payment to 6/15/2021?

jomieblumreich
Level 1
IRS Notice TX-2021-02, 2/22/2021 - Victims of winter storms now have June 15, 2021 to file and make tax payments.  The June 15, 2021 deadline applies to the first quarter estimated tax payment due on April 15.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Beagle3164
Level 1

4/2/21 - Per Lacerte tech phone support, must override due date via screen 5.1. A manual letter revision is also required to override the Q1-2021 estimate payment due date.  So, as of this date Lacerte hasn't done it's job.

DHWCPA
Level 1

So I assume that means if we e-file a return now that as a first quarter estimate set for auto pay, they are going to withdraw on April 15? Or May 15? Instead of June 15? 

0 Cheers
DHWCPA
Level 1

Client has a small overpayment being applied. I set April 15 ES to  "-1" and this generated 1st and 2nd quarter being withdrawn on June 15, so I guess that's the workaround. Lacerte needs to add something where we can indicate the client is in the disaster area. It seems like in the past, they just keyed off of the zip code.

0 Cheers