Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed Organizers

Patrick Young
Level 1

My office is currently printing out organizers for the 2020 tax year but a lot of my clients files have been randomly checked to suppress the organizers.  No one in my office has done this and it's random from year to year.  I'm not sure how to fix this going forward.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

You are asking a community of other users, not support. 

I have never experienced a random entry for suppression. Do you lock your returns? If locked, there can not be any additional entries done without unlocking. I can only imagine the frustration you must be feeling if this truly is a random occurrence. Contact support on Monday and they might be able to help you localize the source of this problem..

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Patrick Young
Level 1

I contacted support earlier today but all they could recommend was unchecking the suppress box as I find out which ones are getting suppressed.  There was no global option to remove the suppression for all clients.  Makes me wonder if my options is somehow screwed up and I just keep importing the corruption from previous years.

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Since you received the confirmation from support that there's no global option setting on this, I would build the clean-up of this into your firm's processing of tax returns.  Add "make sure 'suppress organizer' is unchecked" to your checklist, etc., a step to be done before locking the file this tax season.

Also, make an Excel list this year to track which clients had it checked and that you unchecked them all.  On the off-chance that you have a bug of some kind, this is the kind of data you'll need next year for Support to help you further.

I'm sorry, it's frustrating. When I converted from Drake 3-4 yrs ago, I didn't learn until a month into busy season that "allow discussions with third party designee" was default overridden to "no."  Couldn't talk to the IRS about a return when tuition deduction was reinstated in Feb for the prior tax year and it changed my client's tax situation.  Ugh!  Had to just keep a list of the locked returns and change it the next year.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*