Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at login screen: cannot enter username and password

Level 1

Hello everyone! I purchased a new pc for upgrade and attempted to install Lacerte tax 2018, 2019, and 2020. However, I was unable to log in the 2019 and 2020 Lacerte Tax. 

After choosing to sign in (I have already set up my firm or I am a user and have already been invited....), the sign in screen does not allow me to enter email (user id) and password. Occasionally, I was able enter the user ID after a long delay. However, my 2018 Lacerte tax software works perfectly fine and I can successfully log in for that year.

I have tried numerous times to uninstall and reinstalling and using Lacerte Tools Hub to conduct a forced update on the 2019 and 2020 installation. I was not successful to log in for these attempts. If anyone can answer my questions, I would really appreciate it. 

(P.S: My windows 10 PC has updated to the newest version. On the screen, nothing happens if I press SIGN IN)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Reeciekee
Level 1

Did you ever find out what the problem was on this?  I, too, just got a new laptop.  Have the latest Windows updates.  But it gets to the login screen and freezes.  Would love to know if you ever found a solution.

0 Cheers